- Use your mobile device to find the email from email@example.com inviting you to connect your device to Traced Control. If you can’t find the email, ask your IT Team to send/resend your invite.
- In the email, click “Connect this device”.
- Follow the instructions to download the Traced app from the Google PlayStore, then go back to your browser that opened when you clicked the button in the email and click “Connect with Traced”.
- Click “Get Started” in the Traced app and you should receive a message in the Traced app stating “You are connected to the Traced Control mobile security console.”
- Now that you’re connected with your company’s Traced Control console, the Traced app will guide you to set it up.
- When prompted, select “Sure” then, “Allow” allow Traced to protect your device in the background.
- Click “Complete Setup” in the WiFi dashboard widget, then follow the instructions to grant the “Allow all the time” location permission
- Click “Complete Setup” in the Events dashboard widget, then follow the instructions to enable Traced to detect malicious behaviour of running apps.
- Jump back to the Dashboard to makes sure it is reporting your device as “Protected”.
Want to know what data Traced shares with your employer? Find out here.