What is Traced?
The apps protect individuals’ phones and tablets. The console is used by your IT team to protect the entire organsiation, by learning about the threats the Traced apps have discovered.
What can my organisation see?
Your personal privacy is as important to us as your organisation’s security. We share the data your organisation needs to keep you and everyone else secure, and nothing more.
We share the following data from your phone or tablet with your IT team:
On Android and iOS
- The device’s make, model and software version
- Whether or not the Traced app is configured correctly
- The names of any compromised WiFi networks you have connected to
On Android only
- Whether the device is configured securely
- The name, permissions, install date and install source of any apps that the Traced app identifies as medium or high risk.
- Events the Traced app identifies as medium or high risk, such as apps using your camera, microphone or location; or apps recording your screen or phone calls, without your consent.
Does the app share which websites I visit?
Why does the app ask for location premission?
On iOS and Android, location permission is required in order to see the names of any WiFi networks you are connected to. If Traced detects a rogue WiFi network, it needs location permission in order to tell you the name of the malicious network, so you know which one to disconnect from. Location permission isn’t used for any other purpose and your location is never shared with Traced or your IT team.